To ensure the health and safety of our students, families, and staff, we ask that you please take a moment to review the following list of new protocols, and do’s / don’t’s. These new mandates will be strictly enforced. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our current protocols are as follows:
- We ask that you do not bring your dancer to class if they are not feeling well, have an elevated temperature or cough.
- Our waiting area will be closed to non-dancers! Parents will need to wait in their vehicle or drop off their child for class and return at pick up. There will be no “observation week”.
- Drop off and pick up: We ask that you drop off and pick up your dancer at the front door if they have a class in the front room, and at the back door if they have a class in the back room. We will have a staff member available at the doors to take a temperature and check your dancer in. Please don't send your child in until the staff member motions to them to enter. Please make sure you have current cellphone numbers on your registration so we can call you if needed. Parents may enter the studio briefly only if warranted by staff. Dancers 10 and older may walk to their parents vehicle once they have let staff know. Please pick your child up at the appropriate time.
- What about masks? Our instructors and students will not be required to wear masks while dancing in the studio. It is very difficult to breathe while exercising with masks on. If you prefer your child to wear them while dancing, that is your choice. Please sit your child down and explain to them so they understand the reasons why. We ask that all dancers and staff wear face masks in the waiting areas and anywhere else in the building. Dancers must use hand sanitizer or wash hands before entering the studio. Hand sanitizer will be available at the doors, in the waiting area, and in each room.
- Each dancer will have a distanced, designated spot in the waiting room to keep their bag, shoes, and coat so they are separated from other dancers' belongings. Dancers should remain in that spot until called to class.
- All common areas will be wiped down with disinfectant after each class. This areas include the bathroom, door handles, light switches, ballet barres, any equipment used, and the seats that each child uses. Floors will be steamed each night and gymnastics mats will be steamed after each gymnastics class. There will be a diffuser used in each dance room with Thieves® essential oil (a powerful combination of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils)
- Instructors will minimize any physical contact with dancers.
The Do's and Don’ts
All dancers are asked to bring only the essentials to class and follow all of the instructions below to ensure a safe, fun, learning environment!
- Try to use the bathroom before entering the building.
- Bring only a water bottle, change of shoes and cell phone (only if necessary).
- Follow instructions waiting to enter your classroom.
- Please enter studio completely ready to dance wearing proper dance clothes and tights, except dance shoes.
- Remove jacket & shoes at provided seat and put dance shoes on.
- Practice social distancing.
- Bring any unnecessary things like dolls, toys, food, etc.
- Touch other dancers.